The mighty God, even the Lord, hath spoken, and called the earth, from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.
40th Prophecy in Psalms [50:1-6], unfulfilled, but will be fulfilled when God the Father comes to earth with Christ [Dan. 7; Zech. 14; Tit. 2:13]. Next Psalm 52:5.
“The mighty God”: Hebrew El Elohim Jehovah, meaning the God of gods, even Jehovah. Occurs only here and in Joshua 22:22 [twice].
10 Reasons Psalm 50 refers to judgment of the nations:
1. The call is to the earth [v1. Mt. 25:31-32], meaning the inhabitants of the earth, not the inhabitants of sheol or hades, as at the great white throne judgment in Rev. 20:11-15.
2. The statement ‘from the rising of the sun to its going down’ proves the scene is on earth and for those who are alive on earth at this time [v1; Psalm 113:3; Mt. 25:31-46], while the judgment of Rev. 20:11-15 is not on earth.
3. The phrase ‘Out of Zion’, is used always of earthly Zion except in Rom. 11:26; Heb. 12:22-23; Rev. 14:1
4. The fact that ‘God shall come’ proves an earthly scene, and that He comes from heaven, His dwelling place, to the earth where the nations are [Dan. 7:9-14, 22; Mt. 25:31-46]. The only time God the Father will come to earth to judge will be at the 2nd Advent of Christ [Dan. 7:9-14, 22; Zech. 14:5; Tit. 2:13].
5. The fact that when ‘He comes’ to fulfil this prophecy He will not keep silence, indicates vengeance on inhabitants of earth [Isa. 61:2; 63:1-4; Zech. 14:1-5; Dan. 7:9-14, 22], not men in hell, as in Rev. 20:11-15.
6. ‘A fire devouring before Him’ [v3], is definitely an event connected with the 2nd Advent of Christ and the 1st Advent of God the Father to the earth [Ezek. 38:17-21; 2 Th. 1:7-10], and not an event at the great white throne judgment of Rev. 20:11-15.
7. The fact that the heavens are ‘above’ this scene proves it to be an event on earth [v4; Dan. 7:9-14, 22; Mt. 25:31-46] and not in heaven as will be the event of Rev. 20:11-15.
8. The phrase ‘to the earth’ to judge the people proves it to be the judgment of the nations [v4; Dan. 7:9-14, 22; Mt. 25:31-46], not the judgment in heaven of Rev. 20:11-15.
9. The command to ‘gather together’ His saints, even those who made a covenant by a sacrifice [the Jewish people] proves the scene to be on earth and at the 2nd Advent of Christ when Israel will be gathered to Palestine [v5; Isa. 11:10-12; Ezek. 37; Mt. 24:29-31; 25:31-46; Rom. 11:25-29]. At the great white throne judgment Israel will not be gathered. Only the dead will be judged then [Rev. 20:11-15].
10. The fact that God the Father is judge indicates the same as the judgment of the nations in Dan. 7:9-14, 22. Christ will also be judge [Mt. 25:31-46].
Thus verse 1-6 refer to the judgment of the nations, as in Mt. 25:31-46, and not the great white throne judgment of Revelation 20.
– Dake A.R.B. : page 628